Skip to main content

Protection from Wage Garnishment

If you cannot comply with an order garnishing your wages or money in your accounts because of your military duty, then under the SCRA you may request that the court temporarily stop your money from being taken. This right applies only to actions and proceedings that were commenced against you before your period of military duty, during your period of military duty, or within 90 days after your period of military duty ended. 50 USC App 3934.