Skip to main content

Right to Terminate Phone, Internet, Cable and Satellite Service Contracts

The SCRA gives you the right to terminate certain cell phone, landline, Internet, cable television or satellite television service contracts. If you are relocating to a location not supported by the contract due to active-duty orders for at least 90 days, you may request termination of your service contract. 

Your request to terminate must be in writing and must include a copy of your orders. 50 USC App 3956.

You may retain your telephone number if the relocation is for fewer than three years. 50 USC App 3956.