Skip to main content

How USERRA is Enforced

If you believe that you have been a victim of a USERRA violation, you may file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor, Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS).  VETS is authorized to investigate and resolve complaints of USERRA violations.

You can contact VETS at 866-4-USA-DOL or visit its website.

If VETS is unable to resolve your complaint, you may request that your case be referred to the U.S. Department of Justice for representation.

You may also bypass the VETS process and file a lawsuit alleging violations of USERRA.

You may also mediate your dispute with your employer by contacting Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. ESGR is an agency of the Department of Defense. ESGR's Ombudsman Services Program provides a means by which disputes arising under the USERRA can be informally mediated between employers and their Guard and Reserve employees.