The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Bureau of Construction Codes and Buildings
Bureau of Construction Codes
The Bureau of Construction Codes works to assure that the built environment and the systems within are sound, safe and sanitary and that building users' health, safety and welfare are protected through a coordinated program of code compliance, investigation and training and the consistent application of standards.
A person who has complaints concerning the various aspects of code compliance and the licensing and credentialing of individuals working with the applicable codes may be reached via the Bureau of Construction Codes Divisions:
The Licensing and Complaints Division is responsible for handling a broad spectrum of construction code and licensing complaints. The Division may be reached at:Bureau of Construction Codes
Licensing and Complaints Division
P.O. Box 30254
Lansing, MI 48909
This Division can address questions and concerns involving
- Complaints against boiler, electrical, mechanical and plumbing licensees;
- Complaints against local units of government relating to the administration and enforcement of construction codes performed by the local unit of government;
- Complaints against Mobile Home Communities. Complaints regarding installation, servicing, manufacturing or retail mobile home operations should be directed to :
1350 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH, 44115
- Questions regarding eligibility of examinees, licensure and registration issuance, and renewals of registration of licenses. Telephone inquiries may be reached at 517-241-9316.
NOTE: Residential Builders and Maintenance & Alteration Contractors are not licensed with the Bureau. Instead, contact the Bureau of Professional Licensing at 517-373-8068;
- Complaints involving the failure to adhere to the state’s barrier free design requirements.