Skip to main content

Hearing Mediation

If you disagree with any decision of your employer or the insurance company, you may file an application for hearing before a magistrate at the Workers' Compensation Agency. You may request an application for hearing form from the Workers' Compensation Agency. Depending on the kind of dispute involved, you may be entitled to mediation or if your claim is for less than $2,000, your case may be heard in the small claims division of the Board of Magistrates.

Wage loss benefits are based on the employee's average weekly wages at the time of injury and the number of dependents the employee has. Benefits are determined in accordance with a formula in the statute, and a schedule of the maximum benefits that an employee can receive is published annually. There is no minimum amount of benefits for general disability claims. Medical benefits are paid in accordance with a fee schedule adopted as part of the administrative rules for the Workers' Compensation Agency.