The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Driver’s license or governmental identification identity theft occurs when a fraudster presents your identification to obtain credit or law authorities.
You May Consider Requesting From The Michigan Department Of State (MDOS)
- A driving record alert be placed on your record
- Provides notice to law enforcement that they should verify the subject’s identity when your license number is presented
- A copy of your motor vehicle record (fee is $11)
- It is not standard protocol for the MDOS to change driver license or personal identification numbers due to fraud
- MDOS is also not able to resolve traffic citations that are wrongfully on a driving record
- Such issues would need to be resolved directly with the law enforcement agency that issued the citation