CEPI Postsecondary Applications
The Michigan Student Data System and Michigan Postsecondary Data Inventory are the means for institutions of higher education to submit student-level data to the Center for Educational Performance and Information. Data collected in these systems are vital to postsecondary success.
Every IHE should have at least one authorized MSDS and MPDI user. Each user must submit a completed security form, signed by the registrar as listed in the contact information section in the Educational Entity Master website, before access can be granted.
- EEM Security Form (IHE Users)
- MSDS Security Form (IHE Users)
- MPDI Security Form (IHE Users)
- MPDI Data Coordinator Security Form (IHE Users)
See the CEPI Calendar Page for our master calendar of deadlines and collection dates.
In 2014, Legislation was inserted into The State Aid Act pertaining to “career and technical education or a tech prep articulated program of study” at a community college or university by outlining how students can earn credit and the unique institutional resources which must be made available to those attending students.
By November 15, of each year, IHEs are required by state law to:
- Complete a survey spreadsheet containing the Budget and Performance Transparency Badge (CEPI will send this electronically each year)
- Submit the spreadsheet to CEPI by emailing it to CEPI@Michigan.gov
- Return Email Subject Line: Reporting Requirements for “School Name” Sec. 209(5) or Sec 245(6)
- Post the spreadsheet on its website under its college Budget and Performance Transparency Badge link.