CEPI Help and Support
- Helpful Hints
- What Does CEPI Do With the Data It Collects?
- How does CEPI protect education data?
- How Can I Find and Use CEPI's Data?
- I Need to Report Data to CEPI
- Application Security Forms
- I Still Need Assistance
The CEPI website offers numerous resources to aid in the use of our applications. In order to provide additional support for our users, we occasionally feature documents in CEPI Announcements that offer detailed instructions for common processes in our applications. We welcome suggestions of other topics to include. Please submit any suggestions using Survey Monkey.
- MSDS: How to Update the Personal Demographic Information
- MSDS: SRM Best Practices
- MSDS: UIC Resolution and the "Add Student" Loop
- MSDS: Understanding and Correcting MSDS File Upload Errors
- Security Form Checklist
- MSDS: EL Reporting
- MSDS: TSDL Reporting
- REP: Correcting Birthdate, Gender or SSN Errors
- MSDS: Direct Certification
- MSDS: Data Quality Report
- MSDS: Section 25e
- EEM: Test Coordinators
- MSDS: An Overview of MSDS Collections
- USING CTRL+F Feature
- MSDS Report List
- MSDS Reporting Developmental Kindergarten
- MSDS: How to Exit Students from Early Childhood
- MSDS: EC 32p(4) Home Visitation
- MSDS and EEM: Early Middle College
- MSDS: Reporting Data Through the EC Collection
- REP: Educator Effectiveness
- REP/TSDL: Crosswalk
- MSDS: EOY 2017-18 Checklist
All data collected by CEPI are required by state and/or federal statutes. Some of the many ways our data are used include:
- Calculating per-student funding for schools
- Helping schools identify students who qualify for free lunch
- Tracking teacher credentials aligned with course placements
- Calculating graduation and dropout rates
- Providing useful reports and metrics to the schools and taxpayers of Michigan through MI School Data
The Michigan Department of Education also uses the data extensively for state and federal program monitoring. For a full breakdown of how CEPI uses the data, please see our Data Use Matrices.
- "I'm a brand new user. Help!"
- "I'm with a Public School District/Public School Academy—What do I need to report?"
- "I'm with a Nonpublic School—What do I need to report?"
- "I'm with a College or University—What do I need to report?"
- "I'm with an Early Childhood Program, but I'm not part of a school or district—What do I need to report?"
Please see our Calendar web page for application dates and deadlines.
Please see our Account Maintenance web page if you've forgotten your CEPI application logon ID or password, or need to update your account information.
For application login pages, please go to the CEPI home page and click on the appropriate application button at the bottom of the page.
Security forms are available on the Application Security Forms web page.
If you can't find the answer to your question on our website, please contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email allows us to better research and respond to your questions, but if email is not an option, you can call us at 517-335-0505 x3.