• Water Quality: Taste, Smell, Testing, & Concerns

Common Drinking Water Quality Concerns: FAQ

How Can I Get My Drinking Water Tested?

  • A gloved hand holding a bottle under a kitchen faucet, collecting a drinking water sampleIf you have concerns regarding your water quality, you can request testing through the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE), your local health department, or you can contact a private lab.

    EGLE's Laboratory Services is committed to the health and safety of everyone in Michigan. Please contact the laboratory at 517-335-8184 with questions regarding drinking water testing, sample test kit requests, and sample delivery procedures.

    For additional laboratory testing resources, please visit the EGLE Drinking Water Laboratory webpage.

    Your Local Health Department is usually at the district or county level, and its phone number can be found in a local telephone book or online at MALPH.org.

    A list of Laboratories Certified for Drinking Water Analyses is also available.

How Do I Report A Water Quality Concern?