How can I protect myself from getting COVID-19?
There are steps you can take to prevent spread of flu and the common cold that will also help prevent COVID-19, including:
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider.
- Keep at least six feet away from one another to the maximum extent possible.
- Frequently clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
If you are traveling, follow the CDC’s guidance at CDC.gov/Travel.
Last updated: April 2, 2020