The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How should I clean my home to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks. If surfaces are dirty, clean them. Clean the area or item with soap and water or another detergent if it is dirty. Then, use a household disinfectant.
Please remember to:
- Use EPA registered cleaners that you would normally use in these areas. Most EPA registered household disinfectants should be effective. A full list of disinfectants can be found here.
- Read and follow product labels for safe use. More is not always better!
- Keep all cleaning products locked away from children.
- Never mix bleach (chlorine) products with other chemicals. This can create toxic fumes.
- In the event of a poison emergency, contact the Michigan Poison Center at 800-2221222. If someone is unconscious or has trouble breathing, call 911 immediately.