Skip to main content

I am an unemployed veteran. Where can I turn to for help?

If you need to file unemployment, you can do so either online or on the phone with the Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency. For a step-by-step guide to filing, see this UIA fact sheet.

If you are seeking employment, plenty of Michigan’s Veteran Friendly Employers are still hiring. Visit the Pure Michigan Talent Connect Job Bank at to see which employers are looking for workers. For a list of MVAA Certified Veteran-Friendly Employers visit

For assistance in job seeking, resume writing or interviewing skills, visit your nearest Michigan Works! Service Center. Veteran job-seekers receive preference in service. Visit

For other frequently asked questions on employment and COVID-19, visit our FAQ site