Skip to main content

I'm a veteran. What benefits do I qualify for?

You’ll want to connect Veteran Service Officer, who is accredited by the VA, to walk you through the benefits and programs you may be eligible for; this depends on the county in which you reside. You can locate your benefits counselor on the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency website here or call the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency at 1-800-MICH-VET.

You will need a copy of your DD214. If you don’t have one, the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency can determine if the State of Michigan has a copy of file; just call 1-800-MICH-VET (1-800-642-4838) or you can submit an online request.

If the state doesn’t have a copy of your DD214 on file, you must complete and submit a Standard Form 180 to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. This is the standard form. Or, you can go online at