Prisoner-on-prisoner sexual violence: Abusive sexual contact and non-consensual sexual acts between or among prisoners without the other prisoner’s consent or with a prisoner who is unable to consent or refuse.
- Abusive sexual contact: Physical contact (either directly or through the clothing) with another prisoner for sexual purposes, including intentional touching of sexual areas but not including non-consensual sexual acts.
- Non-consensual sexual acts: Non-consensual intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio or any other intrusion or penetration, however slight, of any part of a person’s body or of any object into the genital or anal openings of another person’s body.
Staff overfamiliarity: Conduct between an employee and a prisoner which has resulted in or is likely to result in intimacy, including but not limited to a kiss or a hug, or a close personal or non-work related association.
Staff sexual harassment: Verbal or written statements or comments of a sexual nature directed by staff to a prisoner, demeaning references to gender or derogatory verbal or written statements or comments about body or clothing directed by staff to a prisoner, or profane or obscene language or gestures of a sexual nature directed by staff to a prisoner.
Staff sexual misconduct: A sexual act directed by an employee toward a prisoner, including any of the following:
- An attempted, threatened or requested sexual act or helping, advising or encouraging another employee to engage in a sexual act.
- The intentional touching, either directly or through clothing, of a prisoner’s genitals, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh or buttocks with the intent to abuse, arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person.
- Invasion of privacy for sexual gratification, indecent exposure or voyeurism.