The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Rule 1. Definitions.
(1) “Act” means the medical marihuana facilities licensing act, 2016 PA 281, MCL 333.27101 to 333.27801.
(2) “Batch” means all the plants of the same variety of medical marihuana that have been grown, harvested, and processed together and exposed to substantially similar conditions throughout cultivation and processing.
(3) “Building” means a combination of materials forming a structure affording a facility or shelter for use or occupancy by individuals or property. Building includes a part or parts of the building and all equipment in the building. A building shall not be construed to mean a building incidental to the use for agricultural purposes of the land on which the building is located.
(4) “Bureau” means the department of licensing and regulatory affairs’ bureau of medical marihuana regulation.
(5) “Bureau of fire services” or “BFS” means the department of licensing and regulatory affairs’ bureau of fire services.
(6) “Department” means the department of licensing and regulatory affairs.
(7) “Director” means the director of the department of licensing and regulatory affairs or his or her designee.
(8) "Employee" means a person performing work or service for compensation.
(9) “Harvest batch” means marihuana that has been harvested.
(10) "Immature plant” means a nonflowering marihuana plant that is no taller than 8 inches and no wider than 8 inches produced from a cutting, clipping, tissue culture, or seedling that is in a growing/cultivating medium or in a growing/cultivating container that is no larger than 2 inches wide and no more than 2 inches tall that is sealed on the sides and bottom.
(11) “Limited access area” means a building, room, or other contiguous area of a marihuana facility where marihuana is grown, cultivated, stored, weighed, packaged, sold, or processed for sale, under control of the licensee.
(12) “Marihuana facility” means a location at which a licensee is licensed to operate under the act and these rules.
(13) “Marihuana product” means marihuana or marihuana-infused product, or both, as those terms are defined in the act unless otherwise provided for in these rules.
(14) “Marihuana tracking act” means the marihuana tracking act, 2016 PA 282, MCL 333.27901 to 333.27904.
(15) “Michigan medical marihuana act” means the Michigan medical marihuana act, 2008 IL 1, MCL 333.26421 to 333.26430.
(16) “Package tag” means an RFID tag supplied through the statewide monitoring system for the purpose of identifying a package containing marihuana product.
(17) “Plant tag” means an RFID tag supplied through the statewide monitoring system for the purpose of identifying an individual marihuana plant.
(18) “Proposed marihuana facility” means a location at which an applicant plans to operate under the act and these rules if the applicant is issued a state operating license.
(19) “Restricted access area” means a designated and secure area at a marihuana facility where marihuana products are sold, possessed for sale, and displayed for sale.
(20) “Same location” means separate state operating licenses that are issued to multiple marihuana facilities that are authorized to operate at a single property but with separate business addresses.
(21) “Stacked license” means more than 1 state operating license issued to a single licensee to operate as a grower of class C-1,500 marihuana plants as specified in each license at a marihuana facility.
(22) “Tag” or “RFID tag” means the unique identification number or Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) issued to a licensee by the department for tracking, identifying and verifying marihuana plants, marihuana products, and packages in the statewide monitoring system.