The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Rule 17. Persons subject to penalty; violations.
(1) If the department through its investigators, agents, auditors, or the state police during the physical site inspection determine violations of the act or these rules exist, the department shall notify the person, applicant, or licensee of the violation during the physical site inspection or thereafter and the person, applicant or licensee may be responsible for sanctions or fines, or both.
(2) The department may issue a notice of a violation or fine, or both, for any violations of the act and applicable rules, including those observed by the department through its investigators, agents, auditors, or the state police while in the performance of their duties.
(3) Where the department through its investigators, agents, auditors, or the state police determine a violation of the act or these rules exists, such violations must be cited in a format established by the department. After a notice of violation or fine or both is issued to a person, applicant, or licensee, the department may hold a compliance conference or a hearing if applicable as prescribed in the act and these rules.
(4) The department may forward information regarding violations of the act or these rules or any other state or federal law to the state police, department of attorney general, and the prosecutor for the jurisdiction in which the alleged violation of the act or rules has occurred.
(5) The department may take action for failure to pay any fine within the time written on the violation notice pursuant to the act or these rules.