- MDEQ Minute - E. Coli
Got a Minute? Learn about what causes beaches and rivers to close or have health hazard signs! Got a few minutes? Check out the following websites for more information: www.mi.gov/deqecoli
- Brownfield Flip: Detroit International Riverfront
Unprecedented state, local, and citizen collaboration turned the Detroit riverfront from a blighted industrial corridor to a vibrant public space. Ten years after the MDEQ demolished cement silos on the river and awarded a transformative $7.2 million in grants for environmental cleanup and riverfront infrastructure, the Detroit riverfront is now the jewel of Detroit’s renaissance and a symbol of residents’ pride and involvement in their city. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- New Lung Cancer Prevention Resources For Healthcare Providers and Residents
What is colorless, odorless, can be deadly, and may be in your home now? The answer is radon gas! Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can seep into your home. Reduce your risk of breathing this radioactive gas by testing your home for radon today and encouraging your patients do the same. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/deqradon.
- Michigan DEQ News
Check out our new newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Chippewa County awarded brownfield grant for Former Kincheloe Air Force Base
- $9.5 Million Awarded to 18 Communities to Help Improve Water Supply System Infrastructure
- 99.8% of Flint Community Schools Filtered Water Results Testing as Well or Better Than Bottled Water Standards
- Genesee County Parks awarded Brownfield Grant for Chevy Commons Redevelopment
- State agencies release Independent Risk Analysis of Potential Enbridge Line 5 Spill
- Osceola County Awarded Brownfield Grant MORE NEWS