- Brownfield Flip: Standish Historical Depot
A historic train depot in the small central Michigan town of Standish has become the center of community life and the first stop on the US-23 Heritage Trail after a contaminated gas station next door was demolished and the pollution removed by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ). Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- Radon exposure is the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths, behind smoking.
We can prevent this by encouraging radon testing and sharing information about radon like our new Radon Card with patients, friends and family. Learn more about how to test and fix elevated radon levels at www.michigan.gov/radon or by calling 800-723-6642.
- MDEQ Minute - Septic System
Got a minute? Learn about how a home septic system works and why proper maintenance is important to protecting public health, our Great Lakes, and the environment. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/deqonsitewastewater to learn more about septic systems.
- DEQ Household Drug Take Back Map
Have unwanted medications? Medicines left in medicine cabinets are susceptible to misuse, abuse, and accidental poisoning. Medications, when improperly disposed, can become an environmental problem. Find a household drug takeback location near you and dispose of your unwanted medications responsibly using the new Household Drug Take Back Map!
- Michigan DEQ Autumn 2018 News Now Available!
Check out our newsletter - the Michigan DEQ News - published quarterly to increase awareness about high priority issues, highlight important projects, and provide information about upcoming events. To subscribe, please visit our email subscription service, enter your email address, and click on "Michigan DEQ News" under the Agency-wide Information section.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Grand Rapids Brownfield Redevelopment Authority Awarded MDEQ Grant
- Historic Standish Depot Featured in New Brownfield Flip Video
- MDEQ issues Enbridge a permit for 48 anchors in Straits
- DEQ and EPA provide update on Wolverine Tannery PFAS investigation
- DEQ Offers Grants for Recycling Infrastructure
- Appointments made to Statewide Drinking Water Advisory Council MORE NEWS