Air Quality Enforcement ProgramContact: See Below Agency: Environmental Quality
The major functions of this program are to:
- Initiate appropriate enforcement action to bring a facility into compliance with the State and federal air pollution regulations in response to referrals from AQD District and Permit staff; and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Provide support and technical assistance to the State Attorney General (AG) on all air pollution enforcement issues referred by the Division for escalated enforcement action. This includes but is not limited to court actions brought against the AQD, administrative orders, and contested case hearings.
- Coordinate formal administrative actions such as contested case hearings, administrative complaints, and revocation of permits to install. Draft (or assist the AG in drafting) all enforcement documents including notices of violation, consent orders, consent judgments, complaints, responses to legal briefs, and administrative orders.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Division staff, the regulated community, and the general public on enforcement related issues.
- Coordinate on a routine basis with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on the compliance status of all high priority violators in the State.
- Proposed Consent Order Public Notice Documents
- Enforcement Documents (ACO, AFO, CJ, ENFN)
- Michigan Rules and State Implementation Plan (SIP) Public Notice Information
- Asbestos NESHAP Program
- Air Publications