Hydraulic Programs and Report GuidelinesContact: Minmin Shu 517-284-5506
Computer programs and E-quests:
- HEC-RAS (current version)
- HY-8, (current version): HY-8 is a program that automates the design methods described in the Hydraulic Design Series No. 5, "Hydraulic Design of Highway Culverts", FHWA-ID-85-15; HEC No. 14, "Hydraulic Design of Energy Dissipators for Culverts and Channels"; and HEC No. 19, "Hydrology", FHWA-IP-84-15. These publications are available from the Government Printing Office, Washington, DC 20402. The HY-8 software is a self-extracting binary file that has been structured to be self-contained and requires no user manual.
Download instructions: Create a folder in the C: drive called HY8 then download the file to this folder. When the file has transferred, double click on the file "hy8-v61m.exe" to decompress the file. Once the files are extracted, double click on "setup.exe" and follow the directions. This step will tell the program where to look for your files. When the setup is complete, double click on "Hy8.exe" to run the program.
Applications and Preliminary Review forms (all files in PDF format):
Hydraulic Report Guidelines (includes):
- Hydraulic Capacity Certification - new crossings
- Hydraulic Capacity Certification - replacement crossings
- Damage Assessment Guidelines
- Cross-section Guidelines