DIFS Promotes Financial Education During Money Smart Week, April 21-28, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 20, 2018
(LANSING) In celebration of Money Smart Week the Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS) will be participating with community groups and organization across the state to provide financial education. These events include:
- 4/19/2018 Michigan State University Financial Resource Fair and GeoCache for College Cash, Shaw Hall, East Lansing, 6pm-8pm
- 4/21/2018 Money Smart Week: Run for the Money 5k run, Bloomfield Hills, 9:30am
- 4/23/2018 Michigan Council on Economic Education’s Personal Finance Challenge, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago- Detroit Branch, Detroit, 8am-2pm
- 4/25/2018 Senior Financial Empowerment Expo, Northwest Activities Center, Detroit, 9am-11:30am
- 4/25/2018-4/26/2018 Lansing Community College Money Smart Week, Gannon Building Commons, Lansing, 10am-3pm
- 4/26/2018 Youth Financial Education & Entrepreneurial Summit, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago- Detroit Branch, Detroit, 9am-4pm
“Money Smart Week is a program that raises awareness of how the financial decisions you make today can impact your life in the future. The better informed you are the better the financial decision you will make,” said DIFS Director Patrick McPharlin. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with these organizations to share financial resources and tools available to Michigan citizens.”
Launched in 2002 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Money Smart Week is a national campaign where thousands of organizations offer educational resources that promote financial education and help consumers learn to better manage their personal finances. For more information about or Money Smart Week or to find an event near you visit www.moneysmartweek.org.
The mission of DIFS is to work to provide a business climate that promotes economic growth while ensuring that the insurance and financial services industries are safe, sound and entitled to public confidence. DIFS provides consumer protection, outreach and education services to Michigan citizens. It strives to create and maintain active relationships with both consumers and licensees in the insurance and financial services industries to ensure adequate protections while fostering growth, strength and sustainability.