Part A - Hospital Coverage: Medicare Part A Provides Hospital Coverage for Which Most People Are Automatically Eligible When Turning Age 65
- Part A is financed by taxes on employers and employees.
- Part A provides coverage for inpatient hospital care, hospice care, limited skilled nursing care, and home health care. Copays, co-insurance, and a deductible may apply to each of these services.
- Part A deductible will be charged each time there is a hospitalization, as long as there are 60 days between each episode.
- You pay a deductible and no co-insurance for days 1-60 each benefit period.
- You pay co-insurance for days 61-90 of each benefit period.
- Once the deductible is paid, Medicare will pay a share of the covered health care expenses and you are responsible for a share of the covered services.