Part B - Medical Coverage: Medicare Part B Provides Coverage for Doctor and Outpatient Services and Is Optional to Purchase
- Part B is financed by individual monthly premiums, which are usually deducted from a person’s Social Security check.
- Medicare will pay 80 percent of covered health care costs and you are responsible for the remaining 20 percent.
- Some preventive services are covered with no charge, including a yearly “wellness visit.”
- Medicare deductibles and co-insurance amounts are adjusted on an annual basis.