What topics must be covered by a long-term care training course?
The topics are set out in Public Act 198 and shall include, but are not limited to, all of the following:
- State and federal regulations and requirements and the relationship between qualified state long-term care insurance partnership programs and other public and private coverage of long-term care services, including Medicaid.
- Available long-term care services and providers.
- Changes or improvements in long-term care services or providers.
- Alternatives to the purchase of private long-term care insurance.
- The effect of inflation in eroding the value of benefits and the importance of inflation protection.
- Consumer suitability standards and guidelines.
The one-time long-term care training course and ongoing training required must not include any training that is solely oriented to the sales or marketing of an insurer-specific long-term care product.