I have a complaint about my credit union. Who should I contact?

To file a complaint against a Michigan state-chartered credit union, please complete the online complaint form at www.michigan.gov/DIFScomplaints. If you have any questions or would like to request a copy of the complaint form, please contact us toll-free at 877-999-6442.

Complaints regarding federally-chartered credit unions should be directed to the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). The NCUA’s Consumer Assistance phone number is 800-755-1030. The NCUA also maintains an anonymous fraud hotline at 800-827-9650.

Complaints against credit unions chartered in other states should be discussed with that state's financial institution’s regulator. The regulator can usually be found on the state's website or you can find a list of state regulators on the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors (NASCUS) website at NASCUS.

If you have questions regarding how your credit union is chartered, please contact us toll-free at 877-999-6442 and we would be happy to assist you.