How do I apply to obtain a temporary producer license?

File an Electronic Resident Licensing (ERL) application through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) (

The license application fee is $10.00 plus a $5.00 transaction fee.

Submit form FIS 2351 Request to Sponsor a Temporary Producer Licensee.

Additionally, the sponsor must submit the applicable affidavit based on the sponsor type.A temporary resident producer can be sponsored by any of the following: