The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
When do we need to renew our MLO License?
Your MLO license expires December 31 of each year and must be renewed on or before December 31 of each year. Approval of the renewal request is granted if all requirements are complete. Renewal requirements include:
- Submission of renewal request and payment of the annual operating fee through NMLS.
- An original perpetual bond mailed directly to the Department of Insurance and Financial Services (DIFS).
- Completion of 8 hours of continuing education (Exception: MLOs who complete pre-licensure education are not required to take continuing education that year.)
- NOTE: Continuing education must be completed prior to requesting renewal through NMLS.
- Any MLO who requests renewal through NMLS after December 31 is subject to a late penalty of $25 per day up to a $1,000 maximum.