Skip to main content

How do we become licensed as a Money Transmitter in Michigan?

A money transmitter license application with appropriate surety bond and fees must be submitted through NMLS and approved by DIFS. For state specific licensing requirements, visit the DIFS website at - Licensing - Consumer Finance and Mortgage – Money Transmission Services – How to become Licensed – Link to NMLS.