Skip to main content

Must an authorized delegate engaged in the money services business be licensed under the MTSA?

No license is required for a person to act as an authorized delegate (AD) on behalf of an entity licensed under the MTSA or a class 1 licensee under the Consumer Financial Services Act. An AD shall not provide money transmission services outside the scope of activity permissible under the authorized delegate agreement, except activity in which the AD is otherwise authorized or licensed to engage.