Skip to main content

What should I do if I have a complaint against a bail bond agent (writer)?

File a complaint with our Consumer Assistance Section by calling 877-999-6442 or by utilizing the complaint form on our website.  DIFS staff will investigate and take necessary action against bail bond writers who are under our regulatory jurisdiction pursuant to the Michigan Insurance Code.

In addition, file a complaint with the judge or the chief justice of the court to whom your case is assigned. The court should be able to remove egregious violators from their list of acceptable bail bond writers and take other actions allowed pursuant to Michigan law covering court operations.