Skip to main content

What are the license requirements for brokers?

If Michigan is the insured’s Home State, the surplus lines broker must be licensed in Michigan.

Michigan participates in the NAIC national producer database (PDB) for surplus lines brokers original licensure and renewals, and is therefore able to collect any associated fees.