Skip to main content

Can a VEBA insure or administer a public employer pooled plan?

Any individual, business or organization offering claims handling services must be licensed as a third party administrator under Michigan’s Third Party Administrator Act, MCL 550.901, et seq.  Any business underwriting health benefit plans in Michigan is subject to regulation under the Insurance Code and/or General Insurance Laws of Michigan.