Mears State Park - 2020 Sand Sculpture Fun Fest (Virtual Event)Date: July 18, 2020 - August 15, 2020
Time: All Day Event
Location: Mears State Park , 400 West Lowell Street, Pentwater MI, 49449
Contact: Ron Beeber
In the spirit of “the show must go on,” the Pentwater Service Club will again encourage sand sculpting fun at the Charles Mears State Park beach. But this summer, the traditional contest format is being reimagined to better assure the safety of participants and spectators. This year’s 47th Pentwater Sand Sculpture FunFest is being recreated and expanded. Beachgoers are invited to sculpt imaginative designs anytime between July 18 and August 15 and submit photos of their completed designs and post them for friends and family to share.
How to participate:
- Participants should Email their photos in jpeg format to email@example.com
- The Pentwater Service Club will post the photo on Facebook and visitors can like and share.
- If participants wish to receive a Participant Ribbon, provide a member’s name and address along with the total number of people on the team.
- To verify that that each sculpture was created on the Mears beach in Pentwater, entrants are asked to include a photo of a park landmark or signage.
- Designs should be in good taste and family appropriate.
- Only materials found on Mears State Park beach can be used in you sculpture.
- You may only use already uprooted dune grass in your sculpture, please don’t pull live dune grass. It erodes the dunes and beach
For a complete list of guidelines and more information go to www.serviceclub.org or visit Pentwater Sand Sculpture Contest Facebook page.
A Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry into Michigan state parks. To make a camping reservation, visit www.midnrreservations.com or call 1-800-447-2757.
Please Note: Dates occasionally change and events may be canceled due to inclement weather and other reasons. Please call the park to confirm dates/times prior to your arrival.
Subscribe to Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors newsletter