Woodcock Stamp and Harvest Information Program (HIP)


General Harvest Information Program (HIP)

If you are planning to hunt migratory birds in Michigan this fall (ducks, geese, woodcock, snipe, rails, etc.), you must be registered with the federal Migratory Bird Harvest Information Program (HIP).

There is no cost to register with HIP, and registration occurs automatically when you purchase your Michigan waterfowl license and/or woodcock stamp. The HIP endorsement, “Migratory Bird Hunter" will be printed on your license or stamp, and you will also be asked HIP survey questions about your migratory bird harvest during the previous year.

Your current-year HIP endorsement must be carried whenever you are hunting migratory birds. Those who hunt without this endorsement can be fined.