Charter Boat Survey Program
- Charter Boat Overview The charter fishing industry provides Michigan with significant economic benefits. Economic impacts of charter fishing to coastal communities in Michigan included gross sales of at least $14.9 million and 343,845 labor hours in 2009.
- Data by Lake and Port
Charter fishing data from 2012-2016 (for state of Michigan waters). Data is organized in tabular format by year and contains fish harvest and fishing effort data.
- Annual Reports
Charter fishing annual reports from 1998-2016 (for State of Michigan waters).
- Sport Trolling License
- List of Sport Trolling License Holders
- I'm a charter boat operator or resident fishing guide, am I required to have a minnow catcher's license and/or a resident wholesale minnow license?
- Application for Retail Minnow and Minnow Catchers Licenses Including Retail Minnow and Minnow Catchers Licneses
Charter Fishing Online Reporting
- Information Regarding Online Reporting Michigan Act 451, P.A. 1994 contains the charter boat catch reporting law. Section 44508 of Part 445 requires that all charter boats used for fishing in state of Michigan waters, report their catch (harvest) and effort to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR).