State Park Explorer Guides
Each year, we hire seasonal staff to conduct programs in state parks. These enthusiastic, nature-minded folks lead hikes and activities, present fun programs that shine a spotlight on each park’s unique resources, and have the best office views around!
Get great experience!
- Attend training in hands-on environmental education activities
- Increase your knowledge of forests, insects, pond life, and other topics
- Create age-appropriate activities and programs
- Present programs to children & adults, often within a family setting
- Daily opportunities to practice professional speaking skill
- Market your programs to the public
- Get invested in the community through local outreach
Enjoy a great work environment
- Spend time outdoors everyday
- Share knowledge of nature and outdoor skills with others
- Work in a scenic state park location
Steps to Apply
- Fill out the DNR Employment Application.
- List locations that you are able to work on the application. Click here for a list of state parks with Explorer Guides.
- Submit your resume, DNR employment application and location preferences to:
DNR-ExplorersProgram@michigan.gov or send by mail to:
Explorer Program Coordinator
20145 Beck Road
Northville, MI 48167
Interviews will be held at various locations each year beginning in March and continuing until all positions have been filled.