Wildlife Permits & Certifications

  • Canada geese wildlife permits
  • Commercial Hunting Guides Authorized to Use State Land Application and Permit for Commercial Hunting Guides to Use State Land, list of commercial hunting guides authorized to use state lands, and more information about guiding on state-owned lands.
  • Commercial Meat Processor Information
  • Deer Damage Permits

    These permits are issued by your local field office for crop damage. If you are experiencing crop damage by deer contact your local office for assistance (click on "Field Offices" on the left tool bar). Deer Damage Shooting Permits are issued to resolve agricultural or horticultural damage occurring on properties outside of deer hunting seasons. They are only valid outside of a deer hunting season and within a specified time period determined by the local Wildlife Division (WLD) staff. The local staff may make a site visit prior to issuing kill tags to assess the extent of damage. Individuals who use these permits may keep the harvested deer or donate it, but above all, the carcass must not go to waste.

  • Deer Management Assistance Permits

    These permits are issued by your local field office. If you are experiencing crop damage by deer contact your local office for assistance. These permits are typically issued only to landowners whose damage can be reduced by the take of antlerless deer during an open deer hunting season. However, they can also be issued during an open deer hunting season if there is a documented, serious disease outbreak that threatens public safety, livestock, or deer health or the landowner can show that the current antlerless quotas are unable to meet the landowner's deer management objectives. Deer management assistance permits (DMAPs) are only valid during an open deer hunting season and in most cases can only be used to take antlerless deer. These permits are issued with the intended purpose of helping individuals mitigate future crop damage by decreasing the deer population on their property. A DMAP may be re-issued to someone else by the landowner. The hunter must have an ...

  • Dog Training

    Fox Hound Training Permit and Special Dog Training Area Permit

  • Falconry

    Information about how to get started in falconry.

  • Field Dog Trials

    A permit is required to conduct a field dog trial - defined as a trial or meet, advertised as such and open to entry by persons whose dogs qualify, in which not less than four participants, with dogs, are permitted to dog-train in competition or contest.

  • Game Bird Hunting Preserves Pheasants, bobwhite quail, Hungarian partridge, mallard ducks and exotic game birds may be raised and released for hunting for an extended season on hunting preserves licensed by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources.
  • Game Bird Release Permits Licensed hunting preserve operators possessing pheasants, bobwhite quail, or Hungarian partridge are authorized to issue Game Bird Release Permits to their customers wishing to purchase more than 12 of these birds live (or their eggs) for release or personal consumption.
  • Permit Application for Non-Residents to Use Dogs for Hunting Black Bear in Michigan PDF icon
  • Permits to Hold Wildlife in Captivity

    Permits to authorize the possession of animals reared in captivity only. They do not authorize the possession of animals taken from the wild. Only licensed wildlife rehabilitators can possess injured or orphaned animals from the wild.

  • Privately Owned Cervidae Facility Registration

    Cervidae include caribou, fallow deer, sika deer, white-tailed deer, elk, moose, reindeer, and others

  • Project Control Application and Permit PDF iconA permit for use of pesticides outside of buildings in Michigan to control the depredations of pigeons, starlings, or English sparrows.
  • Roadkill Salvage Permit
  • Scientific Collector's Permits (Wildlife)

    A Scientific Collector's Permit is issued by the DNR Wildlife Division permit specialist for the collection, possession/handling, transportation, or disposing of wild birds or wild mammals (living or dead or parts thereof) or the nests or eggs of wild birds, for scientific or educational purposes in the state of Michigan.

  • Taxidermy

    A taxidermy permit is required of any person to conduct a taxidermy business or to engage in preparing or mounting the skins, plumage or parts thereof from any regulated birds or mammals for a fee.

  • Threatened/Endangered Species
  • Wildlife Damage and Nuisance Control Permits

    An approved permit is required for all Wildlife Damage and Nuisance Control Commercial Operators

  • Wildlife Rehabilitation Permit Information

    Information about becoming a licensed wildlife rehabilitator, and related forms.