What is the Accessibility Advisory Council?
The purpose of the Accessibility Advisory Council (AAC) is to:
- Make recommendations relevant to accessibility to the Director and the Department that provide advice and guidance on development, management, and planning issues for opportunities to enjoy the natural resources available in the State of Michigan.
- Recommend the development of a broad variety of programs, facilities, and services designed to make the spectrum of natural resources available to the citizens and guests of the State of Michigan.
- Inform and educate the public about the importance of and need for accessibility to the natural resources of the State of Michigan.
- Strive to involve citizens in planning and development to ensure that the facilities, programs, and projects are barrier-free and accessible to all users.
- Evaluate the Department's programs, facilities, and services periodically to ensure that the Council's goals and objectives are being achieved.
- Recommend awards that recognize outstanding efforts to improve accessibility.
Questions regarding the Council, please contact the DNR Finance & Operations Division at 517-284-5946.