Bay City State Park - Music from the Marsh Date: June 15, 2019 - August 31, 2019
Time: 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Location: Bay City Recreation Area, 3582 State Park Dr., Bay City, MI 48706-1356
Contact: Jonathan Massung
, park interpreter 989-667-0717
Come enjoy a variety of artists on the Saginaw Bay Visitors Center's Outdoor Stage Saturday evenings.
- June 15 - Neil Woodward, “Michigan’s Troubadour”
- June 22 - La Compagnie, “Early Michigan History Through Song & Dance”
- June 29 - Zig Zitler, “Cajun Rhythm Blues of Michigan”
- July 6 - String Thing, “Musical Heritage of Michigan and the Great Lakes”
- July 13 - Sound Proof, “Michigan Rock & Roll Tribute”
- July 20 - Lee Murdock, “Standing at the Wheel”
- July 27 - Mike Deren, “Great Lakes Schooner Captain - 1875”
- Aug. 4 - Chris Vallillo, “The Farmer is the Man”
- Aug. 10 - Ray Kamalay, “The Michigan Connection...Songs, Yarns, Jests & Tall Tales”
- Aug. 17 - Wanda Degan, “Of Woods and Water”
- Aug. 24 -Siusan O’Rourke, “Celebration of Michigan Irish”
- Aug. 31 - Sonas, “Celtic Music of Michigan”
Participants should bring their own seating. The stage is located just a short walk from the parking area near the visitor center, along a paved trail. In case of inclement weather concerts will be held inside the Saginaw Bay Visitor Center Auditorium. Following each performance, the audience will have an opportunity to meet each performer. There is no admission fee.
This special line up of concerts is brought to with the help of the following sponsors: Friends of Bay City State Recreation Area, Michigan Council for the Arts and Cultural Affairs, Saginaw Arts and Enrichment Commission.
For more information, call the Saginaw Bay Visitor Center.
A Recreation Passport is required for vehicle entry into Michigan state parks. To make a camping reservation, visit www.midnrreservations.com or call 1-800-447-2757.
Please Note: Dates occasionally change and events may be canceled due to inclement weather and other reasons. Please call the park to confirm dates/times prior to your arrival.
Subscribe to Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors newsletter