Cooperator patches are an incentive for successful hunters to submit the biological data of their harvested deer to the DNR.
The above 2020 winning deer patch design was submitted by Ray Kukurka of Farmington Hills, MI.
Can I still get a 2020 deer patch?
When DNR Customer Service Centers re-open in 2021, you can stop in for a 2020 deer patch at that time, while supplies last. If you stop in then, you will be asked to show a photo of your 2020 deer harvest or your kill tag to obtain a patch.
Enter DNR centennial edition deer management cooperator patch design contest
This year's patch will commemorate the DNR's centennial anniversary, which the department is celebrating throughout 2021. Learn more at Michigan.gov/DNRCentennial.
Deer management cooperator patch contest guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions must include artist's name, mailing address and phone number.
- Anyone can enter the contest. Children under the age of 13 need a parental permission signature on the back of their submitted artwork to be eligible.
- Work must be original and submitted by the artist (no stock imagery or derivative works from stock photos or graphics).
- Entries must be designed using the centennial template, and the final design will be 3 inches by 4 inches in patch form.
- Please remember that these designs will be stitched out on a patch, so heavily detailed designs will not be able to be produced correctly.
- Designs must portray white-tailed deer or white-tailed deer hunting in a Michigan habitat.
- No more than five colors may be used in designs.
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources logo must be included in the design.
- The following text must be included within the design: Successful Hunter, 2021, Deer Management Cooperator, MI.gov/Deer.
- Submissions must be received by April 23.
- The winner will be contacted in early June.
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources will hold the rights to all submitted artwork.
- Entries may be submitted by mail to DNR Wildlife Division, Attn: Emilie O'Grady, 525 W. Allegan St., Lansing, MI 48933.
- Or a PDF file of patch entries may be emailed to DNR-Wildlife@michigan.gov with the subject "Deer patch contest." Please retain any digital files of your work. The winning artist may be asked to send original files to be used in the creation of the patch.
For questions about the contest, contact Emilie O'Grady at 517-284-9453.