Youth Waterfowl Hunting Weekend Sept. 21-22, 2019
Youth Waterfowl Hunting Weekend will be Sept. 21-22, 2019 statewide for properly licensed youth 16 years of age and younger.
- Youth 10-16 years of age must have a base license and be accompanied by a parent, guardian or someone 18 years of age or older designated by the parent or guardian.
- Youth who are hunting with a base apprentice license must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older who possesses a non-apprentice base license and waterfowl license.
- Youth under 10 years of age must also be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age, and the youth and adult must meet all provisions of the Mentored Youth Hunting Program.
- Ducks, mergansers, geese, coots, and moorhens may be harvested; accompanying adults are not permitted to harvest these species during the hunt unless hunting during the September portion of the Canada goose hunting season or the early teal season.
- The daily limits and species restrictions are the same as those allowed in the regular waterfowl hunting season. Youth 16 years of age also must possess a waterfowl license and a federal duck stamp.