Speed, careless and reckless riding were the primary causes of reported accidents in 2020.
Ride home safe to your family and friends.
- Ride at a safe speed.
- Ride on the right side of the trail.
- Keep lights on when riding.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Ride sober and safe.
- Operate within the limits of your ORV and yourself.
- Only transport a passenger when the ORV has been manufactured to carry a passenger. Aftermarket add-ons do not permit a passenger to ride on/in a machine. Refer to the manufacturer's user manual for clarification
- Ride with a group.
- Create a ride plan and share it with others. A ride plan includes the times and locations you will be riding, along with check-in points.
- Know your terrain and be prepared to adjust for changing environmental conditions.
- Stay on the trail an ensure the area you intend to ride is open to ORV activity.
- Stay off state highways (those designated as M or US).