SPEED IS A FACTOR
80% of U.P. snowmobile accidents and deaths were caused by speed last year.
Important Safety Tips
- Ride on the right side of the trail.
- Ride at a safe speed.
- Ride sober.
- Anticipate and yield to groomers.
- Ride safe, so you make it home to your family and friends.
- Keep your machine in top mechanical condition, and keep headlights and tail lights clear of snow and ice and on at all times.
- Wear insulated boots and protective clothing, including a helmet, gloves and eye protection.
- Check the weather conditions before you depart, and never ride alone.
- When possible, avoid crossing frozen bodies of water; if you do cross such waters, never operate in a single file line.
- Remain alert to avoid fences, low-strung wires and branches and to spot depressions in the snow.
- When approaching an intersection, come to a complete stop, raise off the seat and look both ways for traffic.