Advance daily Warren Dunes State Park Recreation Passport for vehicles not registered in Michigan
To help reduce wait times for vehicles entering Warren Dunes State Park in Berrien County, a daily Recreation Passport can be purchased for non-Michigan-registered vehicles in advance. The program is available Sunday through Saturday (seven days a week) May 17 through Sept. 6, 2021. Purchases are nonrefundable.
The program was first created in 2020 to speed up park entrance and reduce traffic congestion on Red Arrow Highway. The park has three traffic lines for entering the park - one 'show and go' line for Michigan-registered and non-Michigan-registered vehicles who already have the Recreation Passport, and two other lines for those that still need to purchase the passport. The advance purchase works much like a "fast pass" option.
How it works:
- Visit MDNR-eLicense.com. If you don't already have an account you will be prompted to set up an account. You can then click on the "Parks and Trails" tab and then "Warren Dunes Daily Recreation Passport."
- The non-Michigan-registered vehicle license plate number, make, model and color must be provided at time of purchase.
- Purchases are date-specific, nonrefundable and cannot be transferred to another day or vehicle.
- The advance-sale passport is available Sunday through Saturday (seven days a week) May 17 through Sept. 3, 2021.
- The advance-sale passport doesn't guarantee a parking space inside the park, but helps reduce the number of people waiting in line to purchase the passport. There still may be a line at peak visiting times.
- A limited number of advance-sale passports will be sold. This number may fluctuate depending on a few factors, including anticipated visitation.
- A printed or online receipt is required for entry.