Want to try something new in Michigan’s great outdoors and need some help getting started? Or maybe you just want to brush up on your skills and learn some tips and tricks from the pros? The Outdoor Skills Academy can help! We offer expert instruction, gear and hands-on learning for a range of outdoor activities, from hunting and fishing to hiking, birding and much more. Classes explore each topic in-depth, for a full day or more, with knowledgeable and skilled instructors leading the way. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for each class, with special recognition for Outdoor Skills Academy “graduates” who complete multiple classes.
Both beginners and those with more experience are welcome. Most of these in-depth classes are designed for adults, youth ages 16 and older, and children over 10 who are accompanied by an adult. Please see the age requirements for each class before signing up.
View Classes by Topic
- Mitchell State Park - Steelhead Fishing Clinic
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park - Introduction to Skijoring
- FULL - Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery - Women's Fly Fishing: Damsels Fly
- Mitchell State Park - Turkey Hunting Clinic
- Mitchell State Park - Walleye Fishing Clinic
- Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery - Introduction to Wildlife Photography
- Mitchell State Park - Bass Fishing for Beginners Clinic
- Mitchell State Park - Beginners' Fly-Fishing Clinic
- Bay City State Park - Saginaw Bay Walleye Clinic
- Mitchell State Park - Wildflower Photography Workshop by Tom Haxby
- Bay City State Park - Women 'n Waders Fly Fishing Class
- Mitchell State Park - Whitetail Food Plot and Habitat Management Clinic
- Hoffmaster State Park - Attracting Butterflies with Native Plants