2019 Conversations & Coffee Opportunities
If you're interested in visiting with Department of Natural Resources, Fisheries Division staff to discuss local and statewide fisheries management activities you might want to stop by one of several "Conversations & Coffee" events taking place this spring.
Fisheries Division has been hosting "Conversations & Coffee" for the past several years to give the public an opportunity to meet with managers and biologists, to discuss local issues and management activities, and to get specific questions answered. These meetings are extremely informal; at many no formal presentations will be made.
These forums will also make information available on local and statewide regulation changes impacting anglers. Refreshments will be provided.
Meeting dates, times and locations include (in order of occurrence):
- Central Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Tuesday, March 12 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Carl T. Johnson Hunting & Fishing Center, 6087 M-115, Cadillac
- Northern Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Monday, March 25 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Bay College (Room 961 Joseph Heirman University center), 2001 N. Lincoln Road, Escanaba
- Tuesday, March 26 from 6 to 8 p.m. (CDT)
Bay College West Campus (Room 231), 2801 US 2, Iron Mountain
- Eastern Lake Superior Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 2 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Tahquamenon Area Public Library, 700 Newberry Avenue, Newberry
- Thursday, April 4 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. (EST)
Holiday Inn Express Munising-Lakeview, E8890 M-28, Munising
- Southern Lake Michigan Management Unit
- Monday, April 8 from 6 to 8 p.m.
Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center
- Southern Lake Huron Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 9 from 2 to 3 p.m.
Webinar option (courtesy of Michigan Sea Grant) -- please register online
- Tuesday, April 9 from 6:30 p.m.
Bay City State Park Visitor Center, 3582 State Park Drive, Bay City
- Lake Erie Management Unit
- Wednesday, April 10 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Waterford Fisheries Station, 7806 Gale Road, Waterford
- Northern Lake Huron Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 16 at 6 p.m.
Lake Superior State University (Walker Cisler University Center - Anchor Room), 650 W. Easterday Avenue, Sault Ste. Marie
- Western Lake Superior Management Unit
- Tuesday, April 23 from 6 to 8 p.m. (CDT)
Gogebic Community College, 4946 Jackson Road, Ironwood
- Wednesday, April 24 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Ishpeming Township Hall, 1575 US 41, Ishpeming
- Thursday, April 25 from 7 to 9 p.m.
Portage Lake District Library, 58 Huron Street, Houghton