Share your thoughts with the DNR at May meetingsAgency:
April 24, 2018
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in May 2018. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the web page for each body where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
Note the following meeting is coming up April 27; we’re including it in this roundup because the original meeting was canceled due to inclement weather and rescheduled closer to May.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – May 1, 10 a.m., DNR Rose Lake Shooting Range, Bath (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946)
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – May 17, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Zoo, Bell Isle, Detroit (Contact: Renee Parker, 517-284-6135)
- Michigan Freedom Trail Commission – May 25, 11 a.m., Michigan Library and History Center (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-373-6362)
- Natural Resources Commission (Special work session on chronic wasting disease) - May 9, 9 a.m., Kirkbride Hall, The Village at Grand Traverse Commons, Traverse City (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Natural Resources Commission (Regular meeting) – May 10, 10 a.m., Kirkbride Hall, The Village at Grand Traverse Commons, Traverse City (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- State Historical Records Advisory Board – May 24, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and History Center (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-373-6362)
- Timber Advisory Council – May 25, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Gaylord (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – May 9, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and History Center (Contact: Michelle Davis, 517-373-6362)
- Urban and Community Forestry Council – May 18, 10 a.m. to noon, DNR Lansing Customer Service Center (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-284-5898)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizen’s Advisory Council – May 17, 5 p.m. Central, 6 p.m. Eastern, Gogebic Community College, Ironwood (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr