Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Dec. 30, 2018
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in January. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Jan. 17, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Ron Olson, 517-284-6136)
- Board of Foresters – Jan. 10, 8 to 9 a.m., DNR Gaylord Customer Service Center or conference call: dial 1-888-273-3658, access code 8610671 (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-732-3541, ext. 5043)
- Citizens Waterfowl Advisory Committee – Jan. 5, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Doherty Hotel, Clare (Contact: Barb Avers, 517-284-4721)
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – Jan. 2, 1 to 4 p.m., Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Lansing (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Natural Resources Commission – Work planning session: Jan. 9, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Ramada by Wyndam, Lansing; Regular meeting: Jan. 10, 9 a.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup – Jan. 18, 10 a.m. to noon, conference call: dial 1-877-336-1829, access code 2663581 (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6112)
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – Jan. 25, 5 p.m., Corwith Township Hall, Vanderbilt (Contact: Scott Whitcomb, 989-983-4101)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Jan. 16, 5:30 p.m., Baraga Lakeside Inn, Baraga (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to michigan.gov/dnr.