Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
Feb. 27, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in March. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
In addition, the public is invited to join DNR Fisheries Division staff at Conversations & Coffee events in March for an informal opportunity to discuss local issues and management activities, and to get specific questions answered. More information, including April event dates, is available at Michigan.gov/Fishing or by contacting Elyse Walter at 517-284-5839.
- March 12, 6 to 8 p.m., Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center, Cadillac
- March 25, 6 to 8 p.m., Bay College, Escanaba
- March 26, 6 to 8 p.m., CDT, Bay College West Campus, Iron Mountain
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – March 21, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Board of Foresters – March 7, 8 to 8:30 a.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord, and conference call: dial 888-273-3658, access code 8610671 (Contact: Brenda Haskill, 989-732-3541, ext. 5043)
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – March 27, 1:15 to 4:30 p.m., MSU Veterinary Diagnostic Lab, Lansing (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Lake Erie/St. Clair Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – March 7, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Belle Isle Nature Center, Detroit (Contact: Jim Francis, 248-666-9157)
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee - March 5, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay's Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-347-4689)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – March 7, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Detroit Free Press-Federal Reserve Building, Detroit (Contact: Ray Rustem, 517-284-6070)
- Natural Resources Commission – March 14, 8 a.m., Shanty Creek Resorts, Bellaire (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Non-motorized Advisory Workgroup – March 15, 10 a.m., conference call: dial 877-336-1829, access code 2663581 (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Off-road Vehicle Advisory Workgroup – March 13, 5-7 p.m., Demmer Center, Lansing (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Outdoor Recreation Advisory Council – March 14, Joint meeting with Natural Resources Commission, 8 a.m.; regular meeting, 10:15 a.m., Shanty Creek Resorts, Bellaire (Contact: Kristin Phillips, 517-284-6065)
- Pigeon River Country Equestrian Committee – March 21, 1 p.m., DNR Field Office, Roscommon (Contact: Scott Whitcomb, 989-983-4101)
- Timber Advisory Council – March 22, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., DNR Customer Service Center, Gaylord (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Underwater Salvage and Preserve Committee – March 13, 1 p.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Sheri Giffin, 517-335-2591)
- Urban and Community Forestry Council – March 26, 10 a.m. to noon, Michigan Municipal League, Lansing (Contact: Kevin Sayers, 517-284-5898)
- Warmwater Resources Steering Committee – March 18, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Lansing (Contact: Seth Herbst, 517-284-5841)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – March 21, 5 p.m. Central, Bay College-West, Iron Mountain (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to Michigan.gov/DNR.