Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
June 21, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings next month. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you'll find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – July 18, 9 to 11 a.m., Belle Isle Flynn Pavilion, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Forest Management Advisory Committee – July 10, 1 to 4 p.m., DNR Parks and Recreation Division Stewardship Office, Howell (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – July 11, 9 a.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Pigeon River Country Advisory Council – July 25, 5 p.m., Pigeon River Country State Forest Headquarters, Vanderbilt (Contact: Scott Whitcomb, 989-983-4101)
- Timber Advisory Council – July 12, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m., conference call; dial 888-557-8511, access code 8718230 (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)
- Trails Advisory Council – July 10, 10 a.m., Ralph A. MacMullan Conference Center, Roscommon (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Western Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – July 18, 6 p.m. EDT/ 5 p.m. CDT, Island Convention Center—Turtle Room, Harris (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331)