Share your thoughts with the DNR at upcoming meetings
July 24, 2019
The Department of Natural Resources is committed to providing Michigan citizens the opportunity to share input and ideas on policy decisions, programs and other aspects of natural resource management and outdoor recreation opportunities. One important avenue for this input is at meetings of the public bodies that advise the DNR and, in some cases, also set policies for natural resource management.
The following boards, commissions, committees and councils will hold public meetings in August. The public is encouraged to attend. The links below will take you to the webpage for each group, where you will find specific meeting locations and, when finalized, meeting agendas.
Please check these pages frequently, as meeting details and agendas may change and sometimes meetings are canceled.
- Accessibility Advisory Council – Aug. 20, 10 a.m., Muskegon Winter Sports Complex. Meeting location is barrier-free, and an interpreter can be provided with at least 14 days' notice. (Contact: Mike Holsinger, 517-284-5946)
- Belle Isle Park Advisory Committee – Aug. 15, 6 to 8 p.m., Belle Isle Flynn Pavilion, Detroit (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Citizens Waterfowl Advisory Committee – Aug. 10, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Gaylord (Contact: Barb Avers, 517-284-4721)
- Eastern Upper Peninsula Citizens’ Advisory Council – Aug. 27, 6 p.m., LMAS Health Department conference room, Newberry (Contact: Stacy Welling Haughey, 906-226-1331). (Updated 8/1/19: this meeting has been canceled).
- Equine Trails Subcommittee – Aug. 28, 1:15 to 4:30 p.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Lake Huron Citizens Fishery Advisory Committee – Aug. 6, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Jay’s Sporting Goods, Clare (Contact: Randy Claramunt, 231-347-4689)
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum Advisory Board – Aug. 20, 3 p.m., Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee (Contact: Barry James, 906-475-7857)
- Michigan Natural Resources Commission – Aug. 8, 10 a.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Cheryl Nelson, 517-284-6237)
- Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board – (Special meeting) Aug. 13, 1 p.m., Shanty Creek Resort, Bellaire; (Regular meeting) Aug. 14, 9 a.m., Shanty Creek Resort, Bellaire (Contact: Jon Mayes, 517-284-5954)
- Michigan State Historical Records Advisory Board – Aug. 23, 10 a.m., Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing (Contact: Mark Harvey, 517-449-5885)
- Michigan State Parks Advisory Committee – Aug. 8, 8 to 9:30 a.m., Michigan State University Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Lansing (Contact: Barbara Graves, 517-284-6135)
- Michigan State Waterways Commission – (Tour) Aug. 21; (Meeting) Aug. 22, 8:30 a.m., Newberry Country Club (Contact: Michelle Wieber, 517-284-6138)
- Michigan Wildlife Council – Aug. 20, 8 a.m. to noon, DNR Customer Service Center, Traverse City (Contact: Pam Vance, 517-284-6056)
- Nonmotorized Advisory Workgroup – Aug. 16, 10 a.m., conference call; dial 877-336-1829, access code 2663581 (Contact: Paul Yauk, 517-284-6141)
- Timber Advisory Council – Aug. 16, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Weyerhaeuser, Escanaba (Contact: Kimberley Korbecki, 517-284-5876)